Acer Aspire V3-112P will it do the job?

Noxramus

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
Hello!

I'm looking for a portable laptop for programming and networking. I'm noob in both but I'm really iterested and willing to learn so the question is will this netbook be able to handle the programs.
Android programming, html, python, virtual machines for networking i will use live usb with Kali or Ubuntu.
My money are limited to this netbooks price range. And my concern is about its CPU - Intel Celeron N2940, I dont reall trust the celeron family but i dont know if its good for this kind of work so I'm asking you :). Also i can buy the netbook with 4 or 8 gb of RAM - will it actualy make a difference? I know that for VM the more RAM you can spare the better but for the rest?

Tnx in advance and hope you have a nice day : )
*sorry if my english isnt perfect or correct Im from Bulgaria and the languages are really different in structure*

Most programming is just text files, so there are no issues with using just about any laptop for work. Same thing for working with Linux or network tools.

Issue you may run into is running virtual machines, that is a slow laptop, but any laptop in that price range will be slow unless you look for a used system.

Also the small screen will be a huge hinderance to running your programs, you won't be able to fit much on the screen.

For that much I'd look for a used laptop, something like a Lenovo T420 or T410 will be a lot faster and sturdier. I'd trust a $300 used T420 over a new $300 laptop. Just make sure you get a chance to see it before buying, online purchases of these things can be tricky if the buyer is trying to hide issues.

Noxramus

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

Ty, m8 =]
I just saw that even the Android Studio requirs 1300x800ress so i'm gonna need better screen.