Acer Aspire V3-731 Keys not working Q,W,S,X,Z

tracyrichard074

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
My sons Acer Laptop keys quit working and he plug in an external keyboard. I was wondering do I fix each key or replace whole keyboard or is there an easier fix. I noticed he lost Q,W,S,X,Z and it is an Acer Aspire V3-731.

Solution

Hello tracyrichard074,

This problem was there in HP and Dell laptops too. If your Acer laptop is within warranty, they will most probably change the entire keyboard for free of cost. If not you've to shell out from your pocket. My cousin (Dell Keyboard + Touch Screen malfunctioned) and nephew (HP purchased in US, Keyboard + Touch Screen malfunctioned. Only the QWERTY keys first, then it got worse, spread to other keys) in India, had them fixed free of charge, with both the screen and keyboard replaced, as...

yeskay

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014

Hello tracyrichard074,

This problem was there in HP and Dell laptops too. If your Acer laptop is within warranty, they will most probably change the entire keyboard for free of cost. If not you've to shell out from your pocket. My cousin (Dell Keyboard + Touch Screen malfunctioned) and nephew (HP purchased in US, Keyboard + Touch Screen malfunctioned. Only the QWERTY keys first, then it got worse, spread to other keys) in India, had them fixed free of charge, with both the screen and keyboard replaced, as their products were within the warranty period.

Cheers!

Solution