Acer Aspire V5 473 flashing orange light even when turned off

Jerickson_1

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hello!

My Acer aspire laptop is 5 years old so its really old it has a lot of problems but one of them seems to be the orange light thing even if i turned it off it still flashes

I tried doing hard reset for battery thing it didnt work
Any solutions? Thanks in advance

It could be the adapter or it could be the battery. Try the following...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Jerickson_1

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Eh my laptop battery thing cant be removed it has a dot on it which if you put a pin in or something the battery shuts down i think

Actually, mostly all batteries can be removed/replaced. However some are way more of a pain to do that others. Plus, if a device is under warranty, then opening it up may void said warranty. If there is a pin hole to do as you mentioned, you should be able to see it.

Jerickson_1

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

My laptop is no longer at warranty i tried it the thing you told me didnt work , well this is a very old laptop about 5 years so idk? What can i do?

Dec 26, 2018
I have a 2016 Aspire and I took it apart to clean and I always test it before putting it back together 100%. It wouldnt start off battery, plugged in started fine but battery light flashed and it said not charging. I tried all the solutions and nothing worked. I then just put the screws back in and it now works. Not sure if there is a ground issue without the screws in or what the case was. I have never had any issue before like this with other laptops.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 7
P Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1