Solved! Acer Aspire VX5-519G won't initialize

Jul 21, 2018
Greetings, fellow users.
Recently, I've been facing an unusual problem with my Acer Aspire VX5-519G.
It's a fairly new acquirement, I bought it last Christmas and it has always worked just as I expected it to, fine.
Last week I took a small trip to a near city and decided to take my notebook with me since I use it quite often. It was working perfectly and we even watched some movies in it but as soon as we arrived at the hotel something strange happened.
I tried to turn on the computer as usual but it didn't work, some error messages appeared (something about System Service Exception) and it just started to load what I thought was a repair. I decided to let the system do it's thing since I'm not really understanding of electronics in particular. After that it just shut down and I've not been able to initialize it normally until now.
I tried removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds but nothing happened.
I'll record a quick video of what I'm seeing to portray the situation a little better.
Thanks.
Video: https://youtu.be/X8T13oEkxIo

Reactions: NovaBrunswick

rscheetah30

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018

It looks like you might've accidentally hit your laptop somewhere and something inside it has broken. There are no messages on the screen when you turn it on which to me, indicates that there must've been some sort of internal damage. I would take it to the nearest pc shop.

Jul 21, 2018
It looks like you might've accidentally hit your laptop somewhere and something inside it has broken. There are no messages on the screen when you turn it on which to me, indicates that there must've been some sort of internal damage. I would take it to the nearest pc shop.

I'll wait just a little more to see if anyone gives another idea, thank you!
I believe it could be the case since the roads were in a really bad state and the trip was rather shaky.
I just find so strange how it still managed to turn on normally a few days after the error, then it went back to the initial stage.

rscheetah30

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018

Maybe a ram stick has been shaken loose somehow, which would explain how it still turned on normally once before failing until now. If you are familiar with taking your laptop apart just to check if the ram sticks are in place, it could solve your problem.