Acer computer....won't turn on plugged in or on battery. Blue light on power button and light bulb icon on front blink 5 times

evenstev

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
Acer computer....won't turn on plugged in or on battery. Blue light on power button and light bulb icon on front blink 5 times Acer Aspire 4830-6402 windows 7. What does this indicate and how do I fix it? Your help is gratefully appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Please do perform a hard reset first with the laptop. Remove the battery and the charger off it then press and hold the power button for 20 secs. Put the battery and charger back in then turn the laptop back on. If it still wont power on try to turn the laptop on without the battery. Lastly please re-seat the RAM sticks, make sure that the laptop is off before performing this steps. Remove the battery, charger and RAM off the laptop for couple of second then put it back together then power it on. Worst case scenario is if it still wont power on a repair might be needed so you need to contact the manufacturer if it's still under the factory warranty.

SimonHull

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Thanks Laptop_Nerd. Had the same problem and the reset fixed it. But more importantly, why does it do this and how can I prevent it from happening again? I suspect the battery might need to be replaced?