acer d257 sound DEVICE not showing in PLACKBACK SOUND BOX, BUT IS IN DEVICE MGR

John_500

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
DOWN LOADED DRIVER FROM ACER WEB, INSTALLED IN DEVICE MGR,BUT FAILS TO SHOW IN PLAYBACK SOUND WINDOW, SAYS NO DEVICE INSTALLED, SUSPENDED avg still no positive results, is it a driver issue? if not what?

Solution
Please do you use all caps when typing here. :)

Playback sound box? OK ya lost me. Are you saying it isn't showing the device when you go to "Control Panel" then click "Sound", and the device is not showing when you are on the "Playback" tab?

Well it is going to depend on the device. What is the actual item you are trying to use?
Please do you use all caps when typing here. :)

Playback sound box? OK ya lost me. Are you saying it isn't showing the device when you go to "Control Panel" then click "Sound", and the device is not showing when you are on the "Playback" tab?

Well it is going to depend on the device. What is the actual item you are trying to use?

Solution

John_500

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

John_500

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
YES THE SOUND PLAYBACK TAB HAD BEEN SHOWING NO DEVICE EVEN THOUGH I DOWN LOADED THE CORRECT DRIVER FROM ACER WEB SITE AND VERIFIED IT WAS PRESENT IN THE DEVICE MGR RUNNING THE AUDIO TOOL WOULD SAY IT COULD NOT START, SO I WENT TO SERVICES TO SEE IF WIN AUDIO WAS STARTED, NO IT WAS NOT , SELECTING START BROUGHT A 1079 ERROR SO I HAD TO LOOK FURTHER AT DEPENDENCIES TAB IN THE SVC PROGRAM I CHECKED ALL THE SUB DEPENDENCY SVC ITEMS FOR WIN AUDIO AND FOUND SOME NOT SET CORRECTLY AFTER RESETTING ALL IS OK AGAIN.

John_500

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

John_500

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
jdp...webworkings said: Please do you use all caps when typing here. : ) so its confusing when you say DO OR DON'T USE caps the laptrop is an ACER 9 inch notebook, no sound card, driver Acer Realtek driver was for sound but when first installed it did not show up in the sound playback tab, error was 2 or more devices not started. Again tks for your help.in the svc mode tried to restart win audio wouldn't start error 1079, so I looked at the win audio dependency checking them found 2 dependents not properly set corrected them and corrected the 10-79 error by changing my password and rechecking the win audio dependents and it worked ok.