Acer E15 ES1-512-C685 not turning on

lsomera93

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
I came home from school and my laptop is not turning on. The power light does not light up. The other light indicating that it's connected to the charger is on and color blue, although it's blinking quite fast.

Also, in case some may tell me to try removing the battery, the battery seems to be inside the laptop so I don't have anyway of removing that without dismantling the entire thing.

Any other advise would be really helpful and is much appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
If the laptop is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer.

If it isn't, then opening up the laptop (yes I know that is a hassle) and doing the following would be a good place to start.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good...
If the laptop is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer.

If it isn't, then opening up the laptop (yes I know that is a hassle) and doing the following would be a good place to start.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution