Acer E5-471G won't start up when I press the power button but indicates with a blue light.

May 9, 2018
My Acer E5-471G won't start up when I press the power button but indicates with a blue light.

When I try to plug in, it indicates with blue and orange light. But won't open at all.
It only shows Black screen. What should I do?

It sounds like it may be on but the display isn't. Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

It sounds like it may be on but the display isn't. Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
0 Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 3