Acer eRecovery doesn't recognise my laptop's Serial Number or SNID. Please Help

cornelvector

Estimable
May 17, 2015
Hi, I have recently tried to get a factory reset on my Aspire 5742G and after introducing the SN or SNID in the eRecovery webpage, I got error. The reason why I want a factory reset is because the laptop was delivered to me with an un-genuine windows(7Ultimate 64bit) and I want the genuine windows(7Home Premium 64bit) to be able to upgrade to windows 10 later on without problems. Otherwise the laptop works great and I had no problems with it but this is my only concern, the un original windows OS. Also I should mention the laptop doesn't have the Win 7 sticker anywhere on it and I don't have the original packaging. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Solution
I would try starting and typing ALT-F10 after the power-on boot BIOS messages. That should bring up the recovery partition options if it still exists.

If that fails, my guess is that the recovery partition was deleted when the Ultimate 64 was installed, and if that is the case you can buy an OEM version of Windows 7. You can double check for a recovery partition by opening a command prompt window and typing

diskpart
list disk
select disk n (whatever disk number comes up from the list that is your boot disk)
list partition

If you only see a C partition and SRP (system reserved partition) then the recovery partition is gone.

RealBeast

Distinguished
I would try starting and typing ALT-F10 after the power-on boot BIOS messages. That should bring up the recovery partition options if it still exists.

If that fails, my guess is that the recovery partition was deleted when the Ultimate 64 was installed, and if that is the case you can buy an OEM version of Windows 7. You can double check for a recovery partition by opening a command prompt window and typing

diskpart
list disk
select disk n (whatever disk number comes up from the list that is your boot disk)
list partition

If you only see a C partition and SRP (system reserved partition) then the recovery partition is gone.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS