Acer ES1-431 Dead Screen

sparks79

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
This Laptop also has a Model NumberN15Q5.
The Screen is Damaged and Unreadable.
When I Plug in an External Monitor via HDMI, I Can't get any Output to the External Monitor.
I don't plan on replacing the screen yet But I would like to use the machine as normal via an external monitor.
Does anyone know if that is possible.
Or at least Why I cant get it to output to an external monitor.

Solution
When you are doing this are you making sure the laptop is off (not sleep or hibernate), then connect the external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop?

Often it won't work if you don't do it in that order. Also you can run into problems if trying to connect an HDMI one on a Windows 10 device. One of the many 10 issues.

If this is the case (using 10, and after trying the first option mentioned) then try this...

Right click on your desktop (the background only) and then click on "Screen Resolution". Your second monitor should be listed there.
When you are doing this are you making sure the laptop is off (not sleep or hibernate), then connect the external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop?

Often it won't work if you don't do it in that order. Also you can run into problems if trying to connect an HDMI one on a Windows 10 device. One of the many 10 issues.

If this is the case (using 10, and after trying the first option mentioned) then try this...

Right click on your desktop (the background only) and then click on "Screen Resolution". Your second monitor should be listed there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS