Acer ES1-521-82FG: Possibly incorrect graphics and RAM

Brackstone

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
There are 2 strange things going on with the laptop I just purchased. Before going forward, here's the system info.

Windows 8.1
AMD A*-6410 @ 2.4 GHz
AMD Radeon R5 graphics
8GB DDR3 L Memory

So there are two weird things. First, the RAM, as confirmed by both CPU-Z and the command prompt, is 2 sticks at 4GB each. However, CPU-Z says it is only running in single channel mode. There's no way to physically check the RAM without unscrewing the bottom of the laptop, which I'm hesitant to do since I might end up returning it anyway. Is there another way to verify what channel it's in? Is CPU-Z wrong on this one?

Second thing: The system claims it has R5 graphics both on the sticker on the computer, and in the name of the processor in the device manager. However, the only display adapter the laptop detects is an R4. Any ideas what's up with that?

rgd1101

Don't

Brackstone

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
Display manager, Catalyst control center, CPU-Z, speedfan, and dxdiag all list the display adaptor as Radeon R4. They all also list the processor as "AMD A8-6410 with Radeon R5 Graphics".

Thanks for letting me know about the RAM. I figured that's what they were doing, but I wasn't sure.

Make and Model is Acer Aspire ES 15. The name in the title is the more specific configuration.