Acer Inspire 1430 Network Drivers

May 5, 2018
A friend of mine brought over a Acer Inspire 1430 Laptop that he bought from soneone. Whoever owned it before him did a fresh Windows 7 install but didn't install any of the Drivers for the laptop itself. Therefore most things are not working. The Main thing I need to get working is the Wifi.Then I can get everything else working after that. I tried to download the Network drivers from Acer, but the thing they had me download was the WinZip Driver Updater, which scans your computer for what drivers you need and downloads them for you so you can install them. Well in order to scan the computer it requires a Network connection. Which I do not have cause i need the driver haha sort of a catch 22 situation.

Can someone please help me find the proper Network Driver for the Acer Inspire 1430 windows 7. He bought this laptop for his 11yr old Niece as a present cause shes been through some hard stuff lately, lost her father in a care wreck, and some other stuff as well, as if losing her father wasn't enough. So she really deserves this laptop and its up to me to get it working for her. So can someone please help me get this thing working. Shes gonna be here soon and we are gonna surprise her with it when she gets here, so I need to get it done ASAP

Solution
_ Some model numbers have a suffix to them (extra digits and letters at the end of the model number like AS1430Z-U563G32nki) and with a little search online you generally end up with specific build with specific hardware, also some tags-stickers on the laptop bottom or front by the keyboard describing the hardware inside the laptop.
_ the classic way is to pop open base of the laptop, takes 2 minutes and you'll be able to visually identify most of the hardware with their model/part number etc
- Other old school way is to target each item separately and try one by one the drivers listed : example Wireless driver : while having windows device manager open and watching the yellow warning icons disappear while...

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
_ Some model numbers have a suffix to them (extra digits and letters at the end of the model number like AS1430Z-U563G32nki) and with a little search online you generally end up with specific build with specific hardware, also some tags-stickers on the laptop bottom or front by the keyboard describing the hardware inside the laptop.
_ the classic way is to pop open base of the laptop, takes 2 minutes and you'll be able to visually identify most of the hardware with their model/part number etc
- Other old school way is to target each item separately and try one by one the drivers listed : example Wireless driver : while having windows device manager open and watching the yellow warning icons disappear while correctly installed devices are registering with their correct names, some times windows would generously help by tipping you " device not found or not supported" if you try to install the wrong driver or software, if not you'll go through the installation of a wrong driver it would tell you device was not installed correctly : yellow warning flags remain as they are in device manager with no new device name registering ( or wrong or generic name).
- Detective approach : without opening laptop you could use a trick reading properties of the unknown device in device manager >>How to easily find drivers for Unknown Devices in Windows >> https://www.pcworld.com/article/2089404/how-to-easily-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-windows.html
OR How to Identify Unknown Devices in Windows >> https://www.wikihow.com/Identify-Unknown-Devices-in-Windows
__ Give this a try: Hardware Identify utility >> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hardware-identify/

Solution
Simple - - I you don't know which network driver you need, try all of them until you get network device working properly - - whichever driver doesn't work, be sure to uninstall it before installing another one.

It's not rocket science and wrong driver won't break anything, in fact the installer usually won't install it anyway if it's the wrong driver - - it'll just abort and give mismatch error so you won't even have to install/uninstall it anyway.