acer laptop 532h-2242 believed to be dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

progmistro

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Hi i had this acer laptop 532h-2242 for three years now from a previous owner who's now travelling around the world. However the laptop was working just fine till today, theres no post bios just a black screen that just turns on, i clean the fan rewired it and still nothing, could this laptop be dead? and is there any to fix it? ive had this problem before but just to unscrew everything and reset it, and it works, now but nothing. do i have to get a new one?
Thanks

Solution
IT is bricked, I have taken apart enough laptops to know that the newer they get the worse the build quality becomes. Chances are there could be several faults and at lest one in a critical area of the board. Your best bet is to find a cheap replacement board or another machine of the same generation then move the hard drive over. You shouldn't have to reinstall windows when the other machine has the same chipset but may need to be reactivated and new drivers installed. Laptops of this age and older are cheap these days on ebay ect.

progmistro

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

I don't have a volt meter however the charger works and is from the manufacturer, so it not a charger its the mobo since there is no post it it does power on

progmistro

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

unfortunately the LED is not lighting up, nor is the other lights like the thinking light or the wifi light etc, no post or led either

progmistro

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

its not the charger, the battery was completely charged before I turned it on, I went also to install updates then watch some videos when all of a sudden the screen went black and every thing stop working so it's definitely not a charger problem it just won't start up

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
IT is bricked, I have taken apart enough laptops to know that the newer they get the worse the build quality becomes. Chances are there could be several faults and at lest one in a critical area of the board. Your best bet is to find a cheap replacement board or another machine of the same generation then move the hard drive over. You shouldn't have to reinstall windows when the other machine has the same chipset but may need to be reactivated and new drivers installed. Laptops of this age and older are cheap these days on ebay ect.

Solution

toarranre

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Best case is a loose connection or a dead PSU, If you want to tinker for the sake of tinkering this is where I would start. Be aware that whatever ruined the PSU likely ruined other components, realistically nforce4max does indeed have the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.