I am in need of help with my acer laptop model VA70, It boots up fine and I know the display works because I can faintly without a flashlight see my desktop, so I am guessing its some kind of backlight issue. At this point I have removed the cover and have check for any loose connecting cables of sort. I used to be able to slightly go up and down with my screen and it would come back to normal but not anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, do try connecting an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the display is normal on the external monitor that only means there's a problem with the built in display.
- Try to open the laptop then disconnect both ends of the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard then put it back in just to make sure it's seated properly.
- If the same problem will persist do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the GPU.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site of the GPU. (AMD or Nvidia)
- Reboot the laptop once installed then see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also try to uninstall/reinstall the Generic PnP Monitor from Device Manager if it will still not work.
- If all these will not work the only solution would be to replace the LCD.