Acer laptop wont recodnize Harddrives

raphaelaz

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
Hey,
My friend asked me to repair Acer 5810T model laptop, he said it wont recodnize HDD. When i enter bios it wont detect Sata1 HDD, Tried already:

1. Set default settings on bios, change from AHCI TO IDE and back. Tried other settings too.
2. Updated bios from 1.28 to first 1.35 and then to 2.35, update worked but still no hdd detected.
3. Opened laptop and cleaned it, there was some coke on motherboard it was really hard to remove even with 90% isopropanol, i got most of it off. Only little bits left.
4. Tried with different ram sticks on all slots. Without ram it gives error sound like it should.
5. Removed battery and pressed few minutes power on, no luck.
6. Swapped hdd to bit newer one, it was detected! first i thought everything is ok now and started formatted it with windows 7 home prem install disc, then installed os, somehow it got corrupted and freezed at (preparing your computer for first boot). Then next day it didnt detect even newer hdd in bios and im back to zero.

Also reseatted all motherboard connections when i opened it up, didnt see anything wrong in cable from mobo to part where hdd is connected.

Any suggestions what to do next?

puttynene

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
does the BIOS recognize the hard disk drive? did you connect the hdd with other systems. was it working fine?You could check your BIOS settings. There may be issues with one drive being configured for UEFI and the other one the older config. You are right to think your BIOS sees the drive, and you can confirm this by going in the BIOS and watch which drives are connected