Acer M5-581T-6405 laptop will not power on, only blue power light turns on for apprx 8 seconds

dudemanboydude

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Hello all. I have an Acer m5-581t-6405 laptop that was showing windows 8 to be corrupt. It had the blue windows 8 recovery screen with an error code, and I could not access anything because the keyboard wasn't working. Long story short, I disassembled the laptop, cleaned the keyboard contacts, and was able to repair windows 8.

Everything seemed fine, but then the BSOD came on with an error code (which i dont recall at this point). I restarted the laptop and also noticed the battery was not holding a charge, so i disassembled again and pulled out battery to match the numbers to order a new one.

I reassembled the laptop and now I am at my current state of not being able to power it on. Only the blue power light comes on for about 8 seconds and turns off.

I have cleaned and reseated the RAM. Ive pulled out battery, ac power, and pressed/held power button for 60 sec. Ive pressed and held reset button on mobo for 60 sec. Ive re-tightened all screws and reseated all cable attachments/connections.

Checking different forums and videos I came across one other person that had the same issue of not powering on after disassembly/reassembly, but it was only a comment under a youtube video with no reply. :(

Sorry for the long description, just wanted to cover everything. Please I am at my wits end, and thinking of the possibility of buying a new motherboard! Thank you very much!

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a test with the AC adapter.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then see if it will boot up with just the AC adapter connected.
- If the laptop will still not boot up with just the AC adapter connected, there might be something wrong inside the laptop but do try a different AC adapter first that has the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- If trying a different AC adapter will still not work, do test each RAM sticks (if you have 2). Boot the laptop with just 1 stick and try it again with the other RAM stick.
- If it will still not work, do try the old battery with your laptop and see if it will work or not.
- If all these will not work you may need to check again inside the motherboard just to make sure everything is seated or connected properly.

dudemanboydude

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Sorry it took so long to get back. Thank you Laptop_Nerd, but alas I have tried all that you have suggested and it is still stuck with the blue light on and not powering on. :(
I'm pretty sure I checked all the connections on the motherboard well. Still nothing... I wonder if its something little that I am missing or if a new motherboard is needed. I do recall having a hard time taking out this cable: CY100007400 which I believe is the mic cable. I had to use mini pliers to take it out. I don't know if that has anything to do with the comp no starting.