Acer One 10 issue with HD playback

Celestial89

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Hi people, I got a strange problem with my new hybrid laptop/tablet computer when playing HD videos using anything other than Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer. If I use VLC or media player classic the cpu usage hits 100% and the video is unwatchable but if I use Windows Media player the cpu usage is only 10-30% and runs smooth. The same thing happens when using Chrome or Firefox on Youtube, the Cpu hits over 80% at 1080p and the video lags, in Internet Explorer the cpu usage is only 20-30% when watching in 1440p! I have installed the latest drivers and are running Windows 8.1, the specs are 2gb ram and a z3735. I have tried disabling/enabling hardware acceleration and upgrading to Windows 10 but the problem remains. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to open Device Manager and uninstall the Intel graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the Intel graphics.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ (just use the Automatic detect and install)
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again after the reboot.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Celestial89

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I have tried it, there is no change. Also I just tried checking CPU temps and Chrome is much higher in temp, IE is maxing at 65 but Chrome hits 80 after a few minutes of watching a 1080p video.