Solved! Acer Predator 300 shuts down

Aug 3, 2018
My laptop keeps shutting down randomly, and at times I have trouble getting it to boot up. I can tap the space bar and it will start to boot then shut right back off. However, I can tap the space bar and it will boot all the way until I stop tapping the space bar. Any ideas on this? Power button janked up or something?

Solution
Sorry, I haven't posted the solution, been busy. I contacted Acer and sent it in, they ended up replacing the keyboard. I believe the power button was hanging. Thanks for help guys!
Aug 3, 2018
No, I ended up spamming the space bar until it finally booted up. I decided to disable the sleep settings and disabled the power button and restarted the laptop. For some reason it work for the rest of the day. However this morning it wouldn't boot again, so I spammed the spacebar again until it booted. I then hit "Shut Down" and it booted fine and has worked all day.

Marcuss_95

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

Contact Acer and ask for a solution, they are more likely to help and solve this issues.

Sep 22, 2018
I had the same problem about a month ago. Got in contact with Acer support over e-mail, technician came in next day and the problem was that a switch ( photo attached ) was getting blocked. He just toggled the switch manually 4-5 times and everything was fine. The process is easy and on can do it themselves as well.
1. Remove the lid over the RAM slots
2. There will be a little sliding switch below the ram sticks.
3. Just slide the switch back and forth a few times and check your laptop after that.

Tell if that helps!
IMG_20170706_180545.jpg

Aug 3, 2018
Sorry, I haven't posted the solution, been busy. I contacted Acer and sent it in, they ended up replacing the keyboard. I believe the power button was hanging. Thanks for help guys!

Solution