Solved! Acer predator Helios (2019) not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2019
It's been around 4-5 months since I purchased my Acer predator Helios 300 (2019). Every thing was working fine, but suddenly it is not turning on. The charging light is on and it's showing that laptop is completely charged, but not turning on after pressing power button. Someone help me please, ive invested a lot of money in this and cannot afford a new one. Please help

Solution
Are you sure it isn't on? If there are any internal sounds or external lights, then it may be on and the display just isn't showing. So I would start there.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
  2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
  3. Turn on the external monitor.
  4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is...
Are you sure it isn't on? If there are any internal sounds or external lights, then it may be on and the display just isn't showing. So I would start there.

Try this...

4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Now if there are no signs of life at all, then it is something more. Could be the battery, the charger, or if the display refuses to work but there are signs of life, then I suggest you contact the manufacturer as it should still be under warranty.

Reactions: Rishabsg
Solution
Dec 27, 2019

Try this...

4. Turn on the laptop.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Now if there are no signs of life at all, then it is something more. Could be the battery, the charger, or if the display refuses to work but there are signs of life, then I suggest you contact the manufacturer as it should still be under warranty.
There's no sound whatsoever when I turn on the laptop. Also, the laptop is charging. The light indicates the laptop charging. It also turned blue when the laptop was fully charged
Should I try and take out the ram and insert it again? Will it void any kind of warranty?
The main problem is, I got this laptop from USA and I live in India, so I don't think the warranty is applicable here.

No taking out the ram won't do it and yes opening it up would void any warranty. I can't say if it is still good when in a different country, you would have to contact the manufacturer.

And when I say sounds, I don't mean sounds like music, etc. I mean sounds like a fan, a drive starting, etc. These would be faint sounds. Also if any of the lights on the outside are on (the LEDs). If that is the case at all, I would try the external monitor steps given.

Dec 27, 2019
No taking out the ram won't do it and yes opening it up would void any warranty. I can't say if it is still good when in a different country, you would have to contact the manufacturer.

And when I say sounds, I don't mean sounds like music, etc. I mean sounds like a fan, a drive starting, etc. These would be faint sounds. Also if any of the lights on the outside are on (the LEDs). If that is the case at all, I would try the external monitor steps given.
Thanks for your reply mate. Rn I don't have access to an external monitor.
What I have noticed is. When I turn on the power button. The fans do not turn on, but I can hear a faint noise when I put my ear close to the bottom of the laptop near the bottom right corner ( battery) .
Just wanted to know what exactly might be the issue here. Is it software related or hardware related? If so how much would it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.