Solved! Acer Predator Helios 300 running slow

Mar 9, 2018
My Acer Predator Helios 300 Gtx 1060 with 4gb of stock ram and idk about the rest but it is the lowest spec in the Helios lineup but after 2 months of use I started to see some very obvious changes in terms of performance my little brother said playing roblox at lowest quality lags so much it’s hard for him to see anything but looking at its spec it should be able to handle roblox games at max graphics I tried a few ways that IT guys suggested but it’s still the same.

If there is a solution plz reply down below I would appreciate it very much

Solution
If i remember correctly this laptop uses the i7 7700 HQ which is notorious for getting overheated. First of all check your cpu model by using CPU-Z. Then check your cpu temps while gaming using MSI Afterburner, RealTemp or a similar software. If you see very high temps you may have to downvolt the cpu or disable turbo boost. This would help drop temps a bit. I suggest you buy a cooling pad with exhaust fans too.

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
If i remember correctly this laptop uses the i7 7700 HQ which is notorious for getting overheated. First of all check your cpu model by using CPU-Z. Then check your cpu temps while gaming using MSI Afterburner, RealTemp or a similar software. If you see very high temps you may have to downvolt the cpu or disable turbo boost. This would help drop temps a bit. I suggest you buy a cooling pad with exhaust fans too.

Solution