Acer problems screen etc

FoxWhisperer

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
i am having problems with my acer aspire. The power cord is working fine as the adaptor and battery in my laptop get slightly warm. The battery light is yellow, no other lights are on. I have tried pressing the button for 60 seconds, 58 seconds, 45 seconds, everything etc and removed the battery several times but nothing is working. The screen will not turn on, and nothing else works. The fan is not on. Please help.

Solution
Is the Laptops Fan coming on, at the bottom? If not, you've likely bigger problems. There are a few small things you can do. Remove the RAM and re-seat it, or even just use a single stick. Make sure the battery is unplugged until you can get it to boot. Make sure your hard drive is seated correctly, or unplug-plug it back in. Make sure nothing USB is plugged in. Are there any 'beeps' that come out of the laptop. or just dead quiet? Is there anything on screen at all, like a POST?

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Is the Laptops Fan coming on, at the bottom? If not, you've likely bigger problems. There are a few small things you can do. Remove the RAM and re-seat it, or even just use a single stick. Make sure the battery is unplugged until you can get it to boot. Make sure your hard drive is seated correctly, or unplug-plug it back in. Make sure nothing USB is plugged in. Are there any 'beeps' that come out of the laptop. or just dead quiet? Is there anything on screen at all, like a POST?

Solution