Acer reboot disk

G

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 that won't boot up. I can't start in safe mode or recovery mode. I can choose to go to an earlier know working version but the computer just restarts w/o booting into window. Chkdsk found "System volume on disk is corrupt" , error code 0x1f

Solution
Try to use System File Checker tool. It scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

1. click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

more info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Try to use System File Checker tool. It scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

1. click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

more info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Solution

jimmysan

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009

Thank you for the info on SFC. I am not able to get to the start button in windows, the comp just keeps rebooting. Is SFC something that I can run at CL?

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
When you turn the system on, hold down F8 and try to go to Command mode, then go to C:\Windows\System32.

To go to system32 directory at the command prompt type;

cd c:\windows\system32

Then type;
sfc /scannow
.......................................................................................
Dont you have Windows CD/DVD?

You meant you cant go to Acer Recovery mode or Windows Recovery mode ?

If you press Alt + F10 it should load up acer recovery mode.

.......................................................................................
I wonder if your hard drive got bad sectors.

jimmysan

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I have an Acer Aspire 5315 that won't boot up. I can't start in safe mode or recovery mode. I can choose to go to an earlier know working version but the computer just restarts w/o booting into window. Chkdsk found "System volume on disk is corrupt" , error code 0x1f

Thanks for all the posts guys : )
It's my sister inlaws comp and she only wants her music and family photos off the HD, hard time to tell her to back up the drive lol.

So I bought a Kingwin usi-2535 adapter to turn the HD into a mass storage device and hopefully recover her data, only problem now is that the device is freezing up my computer and I'm getting a message that explorer has stopped working.
So I'll exchange it and give it another shot. I can't seem to find any help pages on Kingwin 2535 so if you all have any thoughts I'm listening. Thanks again