Acer stuck in restart

jspringtime78

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
I have a Acer Aspire R3. I was told that I need to do a restart. So I took all my important doc's and put them on my external hard drive and continued to perform the restart. No this was 6pm Sunday nite (9/24/17). It is now Tuesday (9/26/27) and it's stuck at 68% installing Windows, installing features and driver's. The screen go black Acer logo comes up and the same thing. Should it take this long to do a restart? How can I fix it? I really need it work for work

Solution
I think you mean a 'reset'. A restart is just shutting the computer down and turning it back on. :)

Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop. Yes, I know it probably said not to shut it down, but for this you will need to.

2. Once it is turned off (not sleep or hibernate but off) then turn off your WiFi. Either turn it off at the modem/router or, if for some reason you cannot, then take the laptop somewhere that there is no WiFi to connect to. If you are plugged in via Ethernet, then unplug it.

3. Turn the laptop back on.

If the problem was a corrupted update, or one that was not installing correctly, then the computer should be able to now boot up since it cannot keep trying to search for it or other updates (as there is no internet...
I think you mean a 'reset'. A restart is just shutting the computer down and turning it back on. :)

Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop. Yes, I know it probably said not to shut it down, but for this you will need to.

2. Once it is turned off (not sleep or hibernate but off) then turn off your WiFi. Either turn it off at the modem/router or, if for some reason you cannot, then take the laptop somewhere that there is no WiFi to connect to. If you are plugged in via Ethernet, then unplug it.

3. Turn the laptop back on.

If the problem was a corrupted update, or one that was not installing correctly, then the computer should be able to now boot up since it cannot keep trying to search for it or other updates (as there is no internet connection).

Once the computer is back up and fully loaded, then you can turn your WiFi back on, go back to where there is WiFi or reconnect your Ethernet connection.

Solution