Acer Switch SWE 016 transformer and Win 10 1809

wensystem3

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Not sure this is the correct forum.. neither laptop or tablet but a transformer type...

Anyway.. anyone 'successfully updated their Acer Switch to 1809?

Mine got stuck in an update loop so eventually i did a clean install (successfully with an Almost identical specc'd 10"Asus T101HA)..but not the Acer .. it got up and running and the USB port and touch pad worked... However can't seem to install touch screen and most importantly.. Wifi.

I could probably put up with the rest (well perhaps not no sound) Tried the realtek and broadcom WiFi drivers off Acer site but no good. They 'seem' to install with no errors for the WiFi drivers

any advice please?

wensystem3

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Update

I think the core of the problems is the Cherry Trail drivers won't install.. not uncommon apparently..

As the base of the system is around this (I think) nothing else will install.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

wensystem3

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
update 300001 :)

As it has been a pain getting drivers onto this tablet via other pc onto stick and then copying.. I thought I'd install a USB wifi adapter. Well blow me down... just installing the things (which I was very skeptical of working at all) and rebooting got booth the wifi (adapter working and suddenly both the sound and touch screen! I haven't yet had the courage to take the usb wifi adapter out.. although 'now' there is the realtek internal one showing in Computer Manager hardware listing.