Acer tear down help for model v5-131-2449

pcmtech

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
HI ALL-
I would like to add a 4gb ram upgrade to my acer and also upgrade the hdd to a sshdd but I can't for the life of me find any info on the web regarding accessing the interior of the unit. Does ANYONE have any experience with one of the new V5-131's and can give me a short tutorial? I am a fairly proficient tech and have worked on many laptops, iphones, etc., but I don't want to damage this unit by "prying" the wrong thing....;-)
Thanks in advance!

If the picture I saw in the user's manual is correct, then it appears there is only one screw you need to remove to remove the plate covering the RAM and HDD. Make sure you remove the battery first and wait a few minutes before removing that plate. On page 9 of the Quick Start Guide you can see a picture of the bottom of the laptop. If you don't have the manual you can download it here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

pcmtech

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

thanks ken-
Could it be that easy? Do you know for a fact that the RAM and HD are under that panel? It does seem logical....but I've read horror stories of the components on Acer Aspires being accessed under the keyboard after taking the MB out....crazy!

No, I don't know for sure. Without a repair manual or upgrade directions I am only guessing. I can see how one would be cautious if you have to remove the keyboard first. One way to find out is to see if the panel is easily removable and if not then don't force it.