Acer V3-572P Screen Flicker Issue

Cubefull

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
Hi,

My Acer V3-572P's screen has a very bad flicker. Whenever I move the screen black/white lines cover the screen to the point I can't see anything. It happens less when the screen is not moved but still noticeable and has gotten worse slowly so now I can barely use my laptop.

I think it has something to do with the cables under the hinges from the base of the laptop to the screen but can't find a way to remove the cables to see if they are loose. Does anyone have experience with this laptop or know how I could fix the flickering?

Thanks

Solution
Hi,

Your guess is most likely correct that it's the flex cable (damaged or scratch) is the problem and a replacement is needed. But first hook up an external monitor and see if the same problem persist or not in it to be sure that it's not the graphics card which is damaged. If it's not flickering that means your graphics card is okay. Open the laptop and check the flex cable from the motherboard to the LCD display if it's not damaged, bent or scratched. Make sure that the connection it tight between the motherboard and LCD display. Lastly if all these steps won't work consider replacing those cables.
Hi,

Your guess is most likely correct that it's the flex cable (damaged or scratch) is the problem and a replacement is needed. But first hook up an external monitor and see if the same problem persist or not in it to be sure that it's not the graphics card which is damaged. If it's not flickering that means your graphics card is okay. Open the laptop and check the flex cable from the motherboard to the LCD display if it's not damaged, bent or scratched. Make sure that the connection it tight between the motherboard and LCD display. Lastly if all these steps won't work consider replacing those cables.

Solution