Hi I have an Acer Windows 10 Netbook 32GB. I decided to do a factory reset without saving my files because I didn't have any space left. I followed the directions but now it appears stuck in a loop with installing apps and drivers it progresses through to 100% then restarts and starts the process over again with apps and drivers. It has been over 14 hours since I started the reset. Any help would be appreciated. Please note it told me I needed more space for a reset so I did backup and manually delete my files to provide the required space.
Note: If this problem started after an update, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.
Try the following...
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.