acer won't go past setup is starting services

renmac

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi, I can't get my laptop to open after trying to restore it. I am only getting a setup is starting services window. I tired the shift and F10 and entered followed the directions to change the value, but it didn't work I am still at the same window with no change. Please help

Thanks,
Renata

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

renmac

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

renmac

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi, followed the directions that were posted but my screen still goes back to set up is starting services. I did notice at one point it showed safe mode and a last good boot configuration display, i tried selecting both but still kept getting the windows would not install error and then back to the set up is starting services.

Thanks

renmac

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
did everything that was listed above, powered off and on my laptop, preparing automatic repair screen never came up. I did get different windows, where i selected safe mode and the last good boot configuration but that didn't work, I am still at set up is starting services. at one point a message asks for me to install my windows dis, but I don't have a disc drive or a windows disc? I am at a loss

renmac

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
I will follow your steps and try again, maybe I didn't follow them correctly the first time. Is there a way of sending you attachments, I can take a pic of what i am getting on my screen?