Acer's Quad-Core Tablet is Iconia Tab A510

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Acer America said on Thursday that its very first quad-core tablet in North America will be the Android-powered Iconia Tab A510.

BS ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 has the Quad core and is already available !

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]neon871[/nom]BS ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 has the Quad core and is already available ![/citation]

if you didn't catch, it says "Acer America said on Thursday that its very first quad-core tablet" meaning Acer America...NOT everyone...

still waiting for the news on Asus Transformer Infinity 700 see if the updated Transformer Prime is worth the wait...

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]if you didn't catch, it says "Acer America said on Thursday that its very first quad-core tablet" meaning Acer America...NOT everyone...still waiting for the news on Asus Transformer Infinity 700 see if the updated Transformer Prime is worth the wait...[/citation]
My Bad

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Amazing! So I can buy yesterday's technology tomorrow (or two months from now)?
Why wouldn't I buy a Transformer Prime today? It has an 8Mpix camera, an optional dock, it's 2.5mm thinner and 4oz lighter. That's got to be worth an extra $50.

G

Why does the newest one have less than the Prime? I'm trying to check the best options before buying. We keep and android tablet and an Ipad in the house as well as the different phone brands with 7 in the house that keeps them all happy!

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]justdl[/nom]Why does the newest one have less than the Prime?[/citation]To undercut them on the price i guess. Acer seems to like to be the budget alternative brand. (ie ultrabooks)

G

I have the Acer A500, it's great. I would be tempted by this one but without the full size usb, I think I'll stay put. I used the A500 tablet on a 2 week oversees vacation, having the full size usb port meant I could use my card reader and store photos on the tablet, awesome. I really hope someone continues putting full size usb ports on tablets in the future.

G

i hadthe acer a200 and loved it. it broke and i got the prime with my protection with best buy and i must say it has been a huge let down. its actually a little slower than my old acer and it doesnt dock to my pc well at all. the battery life was deceiving bc it has different power modes and i have it running at top performance all the time and the battery life is less than my old acer. the dock could cure the battery but not the speed. its the same speed as my acer a200 if not a little bit slower at times. th e wifi rumorson the prime are true the wifi .it blows.wait for the acer a510

Status
Not open for further replies.