Acre laptop black screen, bios ok

22helz

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Acer aspire V5-573 with window 10 installed, laptop dropped and now won't boot up, get acer first screen then get black screen. Can get to bios (f2) menu, can see hdd0 model number listed and nothing under hdd1. Have changed the order of what boots to move hdd0 before windows boot manager but made no difference but don't really know what I'm doing, any suggestions welcome

Solution
If you dropped it, the hard drive could either be loose, so not connected properly, or disconnected. It could also be damaged. Which is very common with drops and hard drives are sensitive little things.

If the device isn't under warranty, then I would open it up and take a look at the connections. Even removing the drive and reconnecting it. If that doesn't help. Try taking it out and connecting it (externally) to another computer via an adapter cord to see if you can access it from the other computer. If it can read the drive, then it should be ok. If it can't, then you are going to need to replace it.
If you dropped it, the hard drive could either be loose, so not connected properly, or disconnected. It could also be damaged. Which is very common with drops and hard drives are sensitive little things.

If the device isn't under warranty, then I would open it up and take a look at the connections. Even removing the drive and reconnecting it. If that doesn't help. Try taking it out and connecting it (externally) to another computer via an adapter cord to see if you can access it from the other computer. If it can read the drive, then it should be ok. If it can't, then you are going to need to replace it.

Solution