ACT! software database

Solution

The database, maybe, depends on whether or not the newer versions can read a database that old.

The program, no, not natively, it contains legacy 16-bit code and will not run in a 64-bit environment. Installing a VM and a compatible OS is the only way.

IndyMc

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
Here is the situation. Just got a new computer for very small business last week. We had ACT! v6 running on the old computer. Updated ACT to ACT! Pro v16 on this computer. Really do not like this version at all. What I want to do is take the ACT v6 that is still on the old computer and move it to this computer. (the new computer). The newest version of ACT did not updated or transition our files very well. We had no problems with Quickbooks, which was a seamless transition. But with ACT! it has been a very wonky and time consuming ordeal. And yes I have been on the company website and talked with their customer service but that was about the issues of the program. not moving the program from one computer to another.

Should just be able to backup the database/settings with the backup tool, then install the v6 program on the new computer.

If you don't have the installation program then you will have to try to obtain that from the software vendor.
I know that some companies like that don't like to offer support for old versions and think you should rush out to buy the new version from them.

Unfortunately the software you are using is not that common, if it was quickbooks or something a little more mainstream there would be a decent amount of people that are experienced in that software and could help you further. So if you need further assistance you will have to deal with the software vendor.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished

The database, maybe, depends on whether or not the newer versions can read a database that old.

The program, no, not natively, it contains legacy 16-bit code and will not run in a 64-bit environment. Installing a VM and a compatible OS is the only way.

Solution

IndyMc

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
Ok, thanks. Another question, then I if were to get QuickBooks data base am I able to migrate my customer contacts from ACT! to QB's or do I have to input all the data in manually?