Activision Teams Up with Flurry on Mobile Publishing Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Great thing about being indie is that they work on their own terms and don't have to be told to add this or that into their game base on market research. Every publisher wants a piece of indie but once they have a saying into "development" that's when things gets ruined. It be great if they just focus on publishing, distrubution and promotion.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]I dsiagree Kcorp. Publishers need to stay the hell away from Indie crowd or imma go rambo on their asses.[/citation]

isn't that what i said? we don't need their influence on the game however promoting a game is a hard thing for indie developers.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]isn't that what i said? we don't need their influence on the game however promoting a game is a hard thing for indie developers.[/citation]

That doesnt work buddy. Look at our current publishers who chewed up so many developers who were "independent" in first place.

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]I dsiagree Kcorp. Publishers need to stay the hell away from Indie crowd or imma go rambo on their asses.[/citation]
+1
Keep Activision faaaar away from them. The last game I liked published by them was Rome: Total war and that series has since moved to Sega. :)

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]That doesnt work buddy. Look at our current publishers who chewed up so many developers who were "independent" in first place.[/citation]

lol i feel the pain too. But what motivates a studio to join a publisher? I hope in the future we can done away with publishers. But market research is the #1 thing that ruins a game (which is usually provided by publishers). everyone wants piece of their competitor sales like Call of Duty. A series i become to hate because of Activision and EA is pushing the line with me for Battlefield series.

The only thing i have now is indie games and i want to protect it at all cause too. that is why i support fund raising for indie games i like at kickstarter.com.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I agree with Kickstarter part but not Activision or any big money hungry publisher throwing money at them. However, other part I do agree with you on is that market research is definitely the one of the main reasons that made games horrible past 7-10 years give or take.

G

when it comes to EA and Activision you need to treat it like drugs, just say no. might be enticing at first but will screw you over in the long run.

kickstarter is great for indie developers, and steam also helps sell indie games. the indie market is perfect(in my opinion). if Activision and EA starts interfering with indie then its just gona be another bullshit series of repeat games.

Status
Not open for further replies.