Solved! Adding a monitor for musicians at church

dakota60625

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
At our church...we have a Dukane 8957WA projector hanging at the front of the sanctuary. At the back of the sanctuary is a desktop computer with two monitors. Everything works well, but we want to add a small monitor at the front of the church for the musicians to see what is on the screen behind them.
Some details...At the computer we have a splitter for the 3 current monitors and a converter to a data cable to go up to the projector...then a small data cable the 150 feet to the projector...then a converter into a HDMI cable which connect to the projector.
I don't want to run another 150 foot cord to the front. I saw that the projector has an output...and bought a VGA cable to run out from that...but it didn't work. After more reading...I see that that would only work if we used the computer 1 or 2 input (we are using the HDMI).
So...should I...
1) get an HDMI splitter to connect the signal to the projector and new monitor?
2) convert the HDMI to VGA to connect to the Computer 1 input?
3) some other idea?

P.S. I did connect this new monitor at the computer area (because the splitter had an open spot) and it worked. But it's too far away to be useful and I don't want to run a 150 VGA cord or buy converters again. Trying to do this on the CHEAP!

Solution
Setup some mirrors to reflect what is on screen back to the musicians.

Change to a 4port HDMI splitter. Use a wireless HDMI transmitter.

Use your wifi. Setup TVs and mirror your Desktop via a Chromecast adapter. Probably the cheapest reliable option.
Setup some mirrors to reflect what is on screen back to the musicians.

Change to a 4port HDMI splitter. Use a wireless HDMI transmitter.

Use your wifi. Setup TVs and mirror your Desktop via a Chromecast adapter. Probably the cheapest reliable option.

Solution

dakota60625

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

I did the VGA/HDMI converter today...and I was able to get the screen projected to the new monitor...but it did degrade the image from the projector...you were right! I am scared to do the wireless thing. I need to keep it simple for the church members to turn on and use. If something goes wrong with the signal...they wont know how to make it work. Plus it's 150 feet from the desktop to the projector/new monitor. Isn't that too far for these wireless systems?
Do HDMI splitters work? I could split it before it goes to the projector and send one to projector and one to the new monitor. Is that possible? Would that clear-up the image?