Question Adding a tube tv to an existing setup

Jun 13, 2019
Hello, I have a gaming setup with over 35 different consoles hooked up at once. Running to switch boxes and going to my Onkyo 9.2 receiver and 4K Samsung TV. Some of the games like Duck Hunt and other light gun games require a tube TV to work. I have a tube TV next to the setup and would like to mirror the image of what ever game system I am playing without having to hook it directly up to the tube TV. There used to be a rca port on older receivers labeled Monitor Out, but I have not seen it in a long time. I know you can split the HDMI to 2 HD TVs, can it be done to a Tube TV as well? Thanks for the help.

AVRs will upconvert analog video to digital so they assume you don't need the composite video output.
If the tube TV doesn't have an HDMI input then you would need to split the HDMI output of the AVR (if it doesn't have two HDMI outputs) and convert HDMI to component or composite video.
If both the tube TV and 4k TV were on at the same time the receiver might only output the resolution supported by the tube TV.

Jun 13, 2019
AVRs will upconvert analog video to digital so they assume you don't need the composite video output.
If the tube TV doesn't have an HDMI input then you would need to split the HDMI output of the AVR (if it doesn't have two HDMI outputs) and convert HDMI to component or composite video.
If both the tube TV and 4k TV were on at the same time the receiver might only output the resolution supported by the tube TV.
No only one TV will be on at a time. The receiver has a main and a sub hdmi output. I have a hdmi to component cable but I could not get it to work plugged into the main output on the receiver. The TV is older and only has coaxial so I can use and RF Modulator. Thanks for all the help.

TRENDING THREADS