Adjust Virtual Surround Sound Levels?

Gosraj

Estimable
May 29, 2015
I just bought a pair of TurtleBeach Z60 headphones, and I was testing out the virtual surround sound that it comes with. Something that I noticed was that sounds that were close were WAY too loud compared to far away sounds. Is there any way I can adjust this? Thanks!

gtr22

Honorable
May 11, 2012
If you have Realtek for a sound card there might be software for it. Look on your motherboard company website to download the software, it has sound adjustments and effects, equalizer that will help. Nahimic sound could be on your board also, it has it's own software.
Or you could buy a gaming sound card that will give you help with enhancing and balancing the sounds from your headset, much better than Realtek.

Gosraj

Estimable
May 29, 2015

I tried this, however, because my headphones are plugged in through a USB port, this didn't work. It didn't even show up in the little window where I would be able to edit it. Is there a driver that would work for USB?

Gosraj

Estimable
May 29, 2015

Well I forgot to say this but I found a button when looking through the settings in the playback devices that evens it out a bit more, so I've fixed it. But thanks for all your help anyways!