Adobe Investigating Reports of Acrobat Exploits

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
why it is that hard that adobe cannot create a bug and hole free pdf reader?
damn, they themselves made the pdf. thats a shame for a big company like adobe, hire some pros for acrobat reader.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
OR [citation][nom]vaskodogama[/nom]why it is that hard that adobe cannot create a bug and hole free pdf reader?[/citation]
Well there is no such thing as a "hole free" application. It literally cannot happen. If it did then there would be no use for anything else to ever be created/developed. The end of innovation as we know it.

Anywho, they have been shown countless exploits in acrobat/reader lately. I'm surprised everyone didn't remove the application completely, as F secure suggested. Once again foxit reader/phantom FTW.

nawat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Acrobat has tons of features that we do not use. It's becoming much slower and bigger than it used to be. I believe that as they're trying to cram those features in Acrobat, bugs find their way in.

G

How about uncrippling flash player for Linux and Mac. Then we'll start to worry about "security" issues.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Adobe, here is some advice from someone who is TIRED of updating Acrobat for his entire company every other week. CREATE AN ADOBE UPDATE SERVER! Users NEVER update Acrobat making my life that much harder! Sense you're the number one choice for opening PDF files why not make us admins lives easier?!?!?

G

Adobe is some of the best media creation software out there. There is no other company that provides cross application compatibility such as Photoshop to Premiere and After Effects and Illustrator.
Show me some real competition to the efficiency of the Adobe workflow for motion graphics, web design, and print design and I will buy them.

For now, I think Adobe does an excellent job with the massive amount of software they have to maintain.

Not everyone uses their computer for gaming alone, some of us use them for serious business!

Status
Not open for further replies.