Adobe Photoshop CS5 Horribly Slow

JarlGranty

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I myself am very much into technology and have built my own computer along with fixing numerous other peoples' systems. My mother, however, while she isn't completely brain dead in relation to tech, does not know quite as much about it. She is a photographer and uses Adobe PS CS5 to edit her pictures and she has a rather decent laptop with an 4th Gen. Intel Core i7 (Quad Core, I can't remember all the specs but I know it was quite good when we looked at it a few months ago), Intel 4600 Series Graphics, 12GB of RAM, a 1TB HDD that spins at 5200rpm (not the fastest, but suitable), and a 1440x900p resolution 17" screen. The laptop is an HP Envy though I can't remember the exact model, though it was around $1000. As far as the program itself goes, I've tried purging and compressing the cache and upping the amount of RAM the program is allowed to use from 6Gb to 8Gb. I'm not terribly familiar with Adobe Photoshop so any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

JarlGranty

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

You know I can't believe I forgot to check temps, I monitor the hell out of mine on my system lol. But the thing is, its only slow with PS, any other program is fine opening and closing and playing around with various things, even multitasking is a breeze. I'll give it a shot anyways. Thanks!