Adobe premiere pro Capture not working, capturing as MP3

mojo333

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
So I'm using Premiere pro CS6 to capture video from my Sony-Z1 to my Macbook pro using a firewire cable.

I've captured hundreds of clips recently in 1080i (HDV), but recently the settings changed and whenever I capture for a start:

When I capture, no logging pop-up comes up which is unusual for me, the file actually shows up as MP3 when usually it converts into an mpeg, the MP3 is un-openable and nothing happens when I change the file extension.

I have checked numerous fourms and everyone says it's something to do with being HDV or not, but I have recorded in HDV for ages and the settings on Adobe are correct. It's only now that it has gone weird.

If anyone has any suggestions please say because I really need to export these clips fast.

Eve_Labeque

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Hi I'm having the same problem please help...

I'm using Project Setting of HDV and Sequence Settings of DVCProHD HD1080i 50 (this says it is the preset for Panasonic P2 cameras, mine is Sony as above but I have no other generic HDV settings).

The video plays through the Capture window fine and looks like it is capturing as .mp3
When I stop the capture the file does not appear in the Project window as I think it should.

I've gone to File > Import to bring the file back in. It is there but when I do this there is a File Import Failure message saying "there was an error decompressing audio and video"

Any help would be great I need to export the video as soon as possible. Many thanks.

mojo333

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

Hi Eve, as a response to your question I tried many different solutions to Premiere Pro but I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong, I am assuming that its a bug that only acts strangly on some computers that they haven't fixed because its so rare.
So instead I used a program than HDVSplit its a free program that worked when I used and it worked perfectly, one thing thing though it does export it to a strange filename that is their own, so you might need have some problems with that.
Hopefully this will help you.

Eve_Labeque

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Eve_Labeque

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Many thanks for replying to me! I've been pulling my hair out :(

I'll try HDVSplit! Can it be used on Mac's as well as PC's? I am working on a Mac at present.

I've not got it to work before in HDV. I wonder what happened to stop yours working???

Also I have no generic HDV sequence preset settings. Do you know how I get more of them?

Many thanks for all your help :)

dazetec

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

You must change your mp3 files' extension from ".mp3" to ".m2ts"