Adobe Releases LeanPrint Software to Save on Ink, Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
It changes the entire document as far as that picture is concerned. The users I support at work would never accept this, lol, let alone management.

G

I'm more interested in ink that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg rather than a plugin for printing lower-quality versions of things. What do they make toner out of anyway for it to be that expensive? The blood of thousands of sacrificial virgins? Liquefied silver and gold? Unobtainium mined from the moons of Jupiter? Dark matter?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Melchior[/nom]I'm more interested in ink that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg rather than a plugin for printing lower-quality versions of things. What do they make toner out of anyway for it to be that expensive? The blood of thousands of sacrificial virgins? Liquefied silver and gold? Unobtainium mined from the moons of Jupiter? Dark matter?[/citation]

Nah, the toner's price is used to cover the CEO's and board of directors' yacht purchasing.

G

buy refillers. I havent bought a cartridge for ages. I've found my refilling ink and refilling kits at GOODWILL. GOODWILL. So...

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Adobe can't even make PDFs print effectively so imagine all the errors in the prints you'll see with these plug ins. I understand that's not a PDF's purpose but it's rather pathetic you can't even manually scale your prints in Reader. Or how about the preview bug where you have to toggle something on and then off again to properly reflect your settings? Solution, buy Acrobat X.

Adobe: Try fixing all the existing printing bugs in various versions of Acrobat first.

G

I have taken the hp printing software off my computer beacuse my virus scanning software says the HP flash portions contain security holes!! You want me to let flash do my printing!
Now adobe wants to do my printing, Hell No! I am tired of HP and Cannon printer software,
because they have flash components that are not updated or secure! I am tired of printer
company's plugins that do no keep up with the current versions of browsers. Printer companies
should offer the user the very basic controll functions, and leve the rest to the web browsers,
word processing, or the graphics programs! Printer manufacturers do a poor job keeping
their software updated, and often do no update thier software at all!!!

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
there's already much more efficient ink saving softwares on the market that really works and don't change anything in a document.

bloodymaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]franklin73466773[/nom]my best friend's sister makes $85 an hour on the laptop. She has been without a job for 8 months but last month her payment was $14196 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more here - LazyCash5.com[/citation]

Your mom makes $85 an hour.

hemantvirmani

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
@obiown77: Product has two modes: SuperSaver and TonerSaver.

In Super Saver mode LeanPrint saves both paper and toner while Toner Saver reduces ink and toner consumption. Output in the above article is the output of SuperSaver mode.

If you want the layout to be preserved, TonerSaver mode can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.