Ads by RespectSale? Adware?

VH9898

Estimable
May 15, 2014
So, I've downloaded absolutely nothing for weeks, apart from GTA V off of Steam. I get on my computer this morning, and BAM. Popups and everything when I launch Chrome, or try to click a link. I either get a popup, redirect, coupon offers, or just massive, annoying ads (including those god-awful video ads -.-). I've tried ADWCleaner, Hitman Pro, MalwareBytes, and Anvi Smart Defender. I haven't used Windows Defender, though. Any suggestions? It happens to all of my browsers.

Solution

Reset chrome to it's default settings?

ExKiller

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
Go to the directory where you have installed your windows now proceed as follows
X:/Program Files(x86)
In there delete all the folders which are odd one like copoundeals , smart delas ,AdBlocker etc...
Make sure all the folders are deleted and then you'll never have to encouter them again

LucoTF

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Reset chrome to it's default settings?

Solution

VH9898

Estimable
May 15, 2014

Do you I have to do that for all of my browsers then? I haven't yet :p

rgd1101

Don't

I wouldn't recommend deleted anything if the OP didn't know what to delete. He/She might delete something that are required.

VH9898

Estimable
May 15, 2014

I'm pretty good with my compy ;) I just hate resetting my browser. I'm more confused than anything. I haven't downloaded anything in weeeeeks

satyenshah

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
RespectSale kept reappearing in Chrome -> More Tools -> Task Manager even after emptying out all Extensions folders.

Steps which fixed it:

1) Empty out the extensions folders for all Chrome profiles: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\<profile number>\Extensions

2) Delete two unsigned DLL files (rightclick each file and see that there is no "digital signatures" tab):

c:\program files (x86|\google\chrome\application\GoogleChromeUpdater.dll
c:\program files (x86|\google\chrome\application\GoogleChrome.dll

Then download and run the chrome installer again.