Adsl speed monitor

AUShollowpoint

Estimable
May 26, 2014
Hi im looking for a program that can monitor my speeds for a period of atleast 24hrs. also any drop outs. im not huge on the tecnical aspects of noise and what not. i do know PC's and overclocking. i have poor internet speed for my distance to the exchange and i have to ring up and get a port rest done every few weeks because my speeds degrade in that time. im trying to get them to repair my line but they just port reset me and get me above the minimum. the last person i spoke to was really helpful and said that it i could monitor the downgrade of the line then she would push to get the line repaired

Solution
Hi
NZXT CAM has a graph system for upload and download speeds that can be configured for hour,day,week,month or year and it is a free down load so it may be worth a look.

AUShollowpoint

Estimable
May 26, 2014

thanks mate exactly what im after. i couldnt find anything that was free or looked like reputable. cheers for the quick reply credit given ;)

AUShollowpoint

Estimable
May 26, 2014

thanks anyway mate im aware i can see the line connection speed from here what im interested in monitoring is that actual speed its coming down the line and its no way near what the line speed profile my internet company has me on. im getting 2.7mbps from speedtest my line speed profile is 31mbps and my line speed degrades over a few weeks to the point of getting 0.8 to 1mbps. each time i ring them they do a port reset and ask me to monitor the net its fine for a few days then it gets worse. my actual line length to the exchange is 2.6kms i should be getting atleast 3mbps minimum

VincentP

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Keep in mind, there is a lot more to your internet speed than your line speed.
If the router is holding the same line speed, your phone line isn't the issue.
It could instead be an issue for the ISP after you get to the exchange.

Don't let them fool you when they say they have "reset" the port.
You can reset the connection yourself by rebooting your router.
If they aren't changing the connection profile for your line, whatever they are doing probably has nothing to do with your phone line.
The profile assigned to your line would generally only be used to limit your connection speed if you had a problem with drop outs.
Maybe the ISP just has its own bandwidth issues.