Solved! Advantage Protection Plan

G

Hello,
I also bought the Advantge warranty from circut city for a sony 50" projection television. I bought this tv in july of 07 and in january of 2010 the lamp went, Advantage called someone to fix it after a long wait an appointment was scheduled, they showed up withe a blown lasmp came back a week later withe the wrong lamp, tried again twice and finally repaced it leaving my house telling me everything was fine, the company was Pinnacle, by the way I belive they are out of Rhode Island, anyway less than tree months later the lamp is gone again, Advantage says it is up to Pinnacle to cover this and Pinnacle says after 30 days they don't warrat anything, great a lasmp that should last three years according to sony didn't last three months! 1150 for the TV, 350.00 for the warranty and now I have to pay and fix it myself with 1 more year to go untyil my warranty is up!I will never buy another Sony!!

Solution
Hello,
I also bought the Advantge warranty from circut city for a sony 50" projection television. I bought this tv in july of 07 and in january of 2010 the lamp went, Advantage called someone to fix it after a long wait an appointment was scheduled, they showed up withe a blown lasmp came back a week later withe the wrong lamp, tried again twice and finally repaced it leaving my house telling me everything was fine, the company was Pinnacle, by the way I belive they are out of Rhode Island, anyway less than tree months later the lamp is gone again, Advantage says it is up to Pinnacle to cover this and Pinnacle says after 30 days they don't warrat anything, great a lasmp that should last three years according to sony didn't last three...
Hello,
I also bought the Advantge warranty from circut city for a sony 50" projection television. I bought this tv in july of 07 and in january of 2010 the lamp went, Advantage called someone to fix it after a long wait an appointment was scheduled, they showed up withe a blown lasmp came back a week later withe the wrong lamp, tried again twice and finally repaced it leaving my house telling me everything was fine, the company was Pinnacle, by the way I belive they are out of Rhode Island, anyway less than tree months later the lamp is gone again, Advantage says it is up to Pinnacle to cover this and Pinnacle says after 30 days they don't warrat anything, great a lasmp that should last three years according to sony didn't last three months! 1150 for the TV, 350.00 for the warranty and now I have to pay and fix it myself with 1 more year to go untyil my warranty is up!I will never buy another Sony!!

It has nothing to do with sony, and sony still makes the best picture TV. File a complaint with your local Consumer protection agency and file a complaint with the BBB. File a complaint ONLINE with the "RIPOFF REPORT" File the complaint against Advantage and Pinnacle, not sony.
This should remind you that extended warranties are a ripoff, and worthless. Don't be a sucker. Never buy an extended warranty.
As far as the lamp goes, the lamp is also warrantied by the lamp manufacturer, contact that company and ask for the replacement. DEMAND it, keep making LOTS of complaints and noise until you get your lamp replaced. DON'T give up or give in.
But don't blame it on Sony, it's not their fault. As far as circuit city is concerned, they are bankrupt.
ALL new TVs use lamps that burn out, not just Sony. No matter what brand you buy, it's the same problem.

Solution