Internet not connecting

Racerb0y11

Commendable
May 24, 2016
I have a new Sharp LCD 55" Aquos, bought in Dec. Had some problems in March this year, warranty covered the issues. Issues being, TV will shut off & restart, TV will then shutoff, & not turn on at all, lastly,TV will not turn off. TV lasted 2 months, issues have returned. So, I requested a replacement, Sharp says ok, they will send out a recertified TV, guess that means used but reworked. Ok, TV arrived yesterday, I set it up, going smoothly, able to input my SSID & password, now it will not connect at all to my network. My modem is good, my router is good, in fact, those components are not the problem, my wireless works fine thru out the house, for those who have this type TV, knows that Netflix & a host of other online apps are available. I know how to set it up etc. Error message says "Lan not ready, try again later". the manual has ZERO troubleshooting guidelines on online problems. My last resort is to connect it straight to the router with a CAT 5 cable & see if I can get online hard wired. Any other ideas or suggestions from anyone experiencing this ? appreciate and feedback. Scott

bub11454

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I would recommend using CAT 5 because not only is it faster but also there shouldn't be any problems connecting to the internet, unless you don't want wires running through your home and if that's the case then you can still plug it in and try to update software and try connecting again through wifi. I don't have one of those TV's so this is all the help i can give.

Racerb0y11

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Well, I ended up resetting the stoopid TV to factory settings, reloaded all settings, and then I was able to connect normally. As of this morning, its back to its original behavior.