AF Space Command Says Keep Buying GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I should have seen this coming. Twitter shall open the door to Skynet. "If you can hear this, you are the resistance." :3

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]andeddhbn[/nom]I should have seen this coming. Twitter shall open the door to Skynet. "If you can hear this, you are the resistance." :3[/citation]

Win.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
They better keep up with the manintance and technology of the satellites as so much of it depends on GPS data. Especially the miliary, I hate to see their bombs blow up the wrong building due to inaccurate GPS data.

Least for now GPS are pretty resilent to such GPS errors but still it's important to keep them running.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
The GAO will tell you the sky is falling if it will get them on the front page (they have, it did, here we are.) The fact is that the satellites are extremely reliable and it would be extraordinarily unlikely for enough to fail to cause performance problems. Sure, the satellites 'could' all start crashing into each other, getting dead batteries, or losing track of their cesium. The fact is that there have only been two failures in the history of US GPS, and they were at launch time and not in orbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.