Affordable microphone that is good for beatboxing , singing, and rapping.

MassMayhem

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
I'm purchasing an at2020 paired with a Focusrite Scarlett for commentary (I'm going to be starting up a channel soon) but also want a good mic for singing and beat boxing etc. What could you recommend? I was thinking about the audio technica pro 41 as its super affordable and sounds great but will it fit for what I want to do? Anything similar to it that affordable as well?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I have a condenser mic back at home (i'm here in the US now), and it does work pretty well. but it is sensitive. for my use (basically just gaming) it is ok since I don't do recording. if you are picky then the room should be treated, even the pc fans can be picked up given enough proximity and loudness (my mechanical keyboard can easily be heard).
the ever so famous dynamic mic that I know is the SM58, as far as I know this is a workhorse, SM57 is good for instruments based on my research but they also work on vocals.
condenser mics, I like how they sound when you are upclose (makes you feel like a radio dj or something). lot's of choices for condenser, I have the at2020 too with scarlett solo, it is XLR

MassMayhem

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
I'm not sure to be honest XD I'm open to pretty much any suggestions so go for it but my room is fairly quiet and I'm sound proofing it so if its good throw it out there!

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I have a condenser mic back at home (i'm here in the US now), and it does work pretty well. but it is sensitive. for my use (basically just gaming) it is ok since I don't do recording. if you are picky then the room should be treated, even the pc fans can be picked up given enough proximity and loudness (my mechanical keyboard can easily be heard).
the ever so famous dynamic mic that I know is the SM58, as far as I know this is a workhorse, SM57 is good for instruments based on my research but they also work on vocals.
condenser mics, I like how they sound when you are upclose (makes you feel like a radio dj or something). lot's of choices for condenser, I have the at2020 too with scarlett solo, it is XLR

Solution