After installing HP 4630 Driver, Microsoft Word no longer prints (Win 8.1)

TheMarius

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Hello,

So this is an entirely infuriating problem and I am at my wit's end. I have a new HP 4630 AIO printer that, when using the generic Windows driver upon initial install, worked like a charm over USB and wirelessly. I ran into some issues with certain programs (Stamps.com, in specific) requiring updated print drivers to configure the printer through the Stamps software.

So I downloaded and installed the appropriate HP drivers from their website. Everything appeared to go well, but for whatever reason, Microsoft Office 2013 no longer communicates with the printer. It just launches the dialogue, opens up the print queue, and shows that 0 documents are pending. I also noticed I could no longer successfully print "test pages" within the printer properties. Fully removing and reinstalling the drivers changed nothing. HP utilities did nothing, print troubleshooter finds an issue but nothing it can resolve. I've checked all my ports, firewall, tried installing with generic driver, installing over USB only, etc. Nothing would get the printer communicating with Office products, though I could print from Chrome, Acrobat, etc.

I ended up reinstalling Windows 8 and 8.1 (which I would prefer to avoid doing again). That fixed the issue for a short while until I decided to try my luck with the official drivers again. Same problem all over, and no solution I can think of is working.

I apologize for the length of this post. I am quite frustrated with this and am thankful to anyone who takes the time to try and help me out!

Marius