After messing with drivers etc., I have worsened performance

Tom3600

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15r SE which is less than a week old.
When updating the drivers and the start I didnt know which to install, and I couldn't get the GPU to work initially with the automatic switching when needed. I therefore installed many GPU drivers and used driver fusion to try and remove all old drivers but wasnt sure what I was doing.
I fully messed this up yesterday so did a system restore to the day before when it was still bad but better.
I can now tell my laptop is running slower on basic tasks, such as the time to load programmes. I have an i7 processor and 8GB ram and its not that fast.

When I got my Laptop my windows experience index was:

Base Score 5.9

Processor Subscore 7.7

Memory (RAM) Subscore 7.8

Graphics (Aero) Subscore 6.5

Gaming Graphics Subscore 6.5

Primary Disk Subscore 5.9

As of now it is:

Base Score 5.3

Processor Subscore 7.7

Memory (RAM) Subscore 7.7

Graphics (Aero) Subscore 5.3

Gaming Graphics Subscore 6.6

Primary Disk Subscore 5.9

I was thinking of restoring factory settings, however I got Microsoft Office Installed off of one of my old schools IT technician and don't want it disappearing off of my system as I don't want to ask for it again.
What should I do, would a factory reset be the best idea, and what happens if I have deleted some important drivers?

Please help me!

Tom3600

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Thanks for your response, however I don't want to pay for a copy of Office when I have it already installed for free. Also I am not wanting to use openoffice or any alternatives.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Did you mess with any power settings or happen to be on battery power when running the WEI scores? If you are on battery or a power saving setting, the cpu and maybe even the video card will not clock up.

Also with switchable graphics, you may have some false readings, but day to day tasks should be fine on the onboard video anyway.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Your school technician either installed a volume licence copy against your schools SA agreement with Microsoft or an unlicensed copy. Either way, your copy is not legitimate.