Airport Security OKs the iPad, Thinks it Has No CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I'm pretty sure that was the only person in the entire world that got hassled at the airport for having a Macbook Air. Airport security should train their staff. I'm pretty sure they could have googled "Macbook Air" and let the guy through.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]It doesn't have a CPU, it has a hamster on a wheel.[/citation]

Except the hamster is a suicide bomber!!!

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
If she wasn't a cute little Asian lady but rather a large, hairy, bearded middle-eastern looking-like man, she would have been rigorously examined.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]counselmancl[/nom]And these are the people that we trust our lives with[/citation]
I was going to say the exact same thing. I understand that these people are trained to be suspicious of anything even slightly out of the ordinary; but they should at least be given a manual or some sort of reference guide for all existing consumer technology so they don't have to stand around staring at something they don't recognize like the proto-humanoids confronted with the Monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

hackintoshpro

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Google should take over TSA's job. They have more personal information, and better search algorithms. Oh, and people worthy of knowing the difference between a potential threat and the latest geek toy.

hackintoshpro

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Google should take over TSA's job. They have more personal information, and better search algorithms. Oh, and people worthy of knowing the difference between a potential threat and the latest geek toy.

avi85

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]If she wasn't a cute little Asian lady but rather a large, hairy, bearded middle-eastern looking-like man, she would have been rigorously examined.[/citation]

Rightly so, the words "racial profiling" shouldn't be taboo...
btw I live in the middle east, so I have more than my share of waits at airport security...

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
"estimated 800,000 new iPad owners try to go on holiday?" Where did you get that number from? Seeing as an article below states Apple sold 300k on Saturday, and Sunday was a holiday, I have a lot of trouble believing the iPad sold almost twice as much since it's opening day, especially since that opening day included pre-orders.

As for the article, the iPad definitely has a processor, but I think the people that bought them may be missing a few cores.

G

Please when writing a review/blog whatever, check your facts with your own site first. It is known that Apple sold 300,000. Sorry but it hurts my brain when it's day 2 of Apple releasing their figures and you reporting your reporting is so off. 300,000 to 800,000 is nowhere close.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]"estimated 800,000 new iPad owners try to go on holiday?" Where did you get that number from? Seeing as an article below states Apple sold 300k on Saturday, and Sunday was a holiday, I have a lot of trouble believing the iPad sold almost twice as much since it's opening day, especially since that opening day included pre-orders.As for the article, the iPad definitely has a processor, but I think the people that bought them may be missing a few cores.[/citation]

The article didn't say there were 800,000 sold. You are to infer that by the next holiday where many commute by means of air travel, there will be an estimated 800,000 iPads that will make the flight with their owners.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
i'm so glad you ran this story. now the terrorists are going to be styling with a Mac ipad POS when they blow something up. Next you guys should give them other ways to avoid detection in the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.