Question Alcatel A574BL not detected by computer (USB)

Apr 25, 2019
Hey, this is my first post. So I want to root my A574BL with KingoRoot, but when it gets to 90%, it hangs there for a few seconds and then returns an error: ROOT FAILED 0x14f5d1. When I search the error nothing appears. They then suggested me to use the PC version. So I went to grab my Sync-And-Charge MIcro-USB cable, plugged it into my computer, into my phone... nothing appeared. Checked Device Manager, nowhere. Not in "This PC". No notification. USB debugging enabled. MTP. It only charges. Is there a reason why this phone doesn't want to be rooted? Is it Tracfone? Is it Alcatel themselves? I tried this with my old laptop too, same problem.

Did you check the phone when you plugged it in?

While most devices require you choose the type of connection when connecting to a computer, many devices actually won't register on the computer until you do so.

So when you plug it into the computer, then tap the phone screen and make sure that it is set to allow you access to the phone.

If it still doesn't show up, try another cord and also try the phone on a different computer.

Should none of the above work, and it never show up, then you need to talk to the manufacturer and your carrier. They may well have limited the devices abilities.

Apr 25, 2019
Did you check the phone when you plugged it in?

While most devices require you choose the type of connection when connecting to a computer, many devices actually won't register on the computer until you do so.

So when you plug it into the computer, then tap the phone screen and make sure that it is set to allow you access to the phone.

If it still doesn't show up, try another cord and also try the phone on a different computer.

Should none of the above work, and it never show up, then you need to talk to the manufacturer and your carrier. They may well have limited the devices abilities.
The phone had no notification. And I am using a Sync-And-Charge cable.

The notification may not auto show. I had a phone that did that. It didn't show a thing when plugged in until you swiped down from the top. Then magically the info was there. Have you tried this?

If this doesn't work, then as I stated before, your phone may not be able to do what you want to do. Wouldn't shock if the manufacturer or carrier/service provider blocked such an option.

Aug 23, 2019
u need to uninstall these drivers never ever use a 3rd party driver on phone. next restart it then plug it in you will see a notification saying you plugged your phone into a usb port drag that down with pointer you can now change to connect to pc its also in the debugging option on settings but you may be like me and lost it because u told it to never notified you in this case only way to fix it iis a reset to factory defaults.your phone will connect to pc i have that model so i know you may have to reset it were the usb notification comes back up

Aug 23, 2019
ok heres an update once you do a factory reset it will show up on you computer it may not give you a notification nor have a debug setting on it i did a reset to factory default and it worked on my computer.its very sensitive if you bump it while plugged in it wont work so be sure to put it some were still.mine used to do a debug in settings and show notification but after the updates both stoped. theres no debug settings nor dose it tell you you plugged in a usb it just tells you you are charging but it still will allow you to connect it to computer to move files.you can also access your sd card too if you formatted it were you can share the files