Alienware 15 R2 not turning on and LED lights flashing on and off?

Mar 7, 2018
Last night the wifi on my Alienware 15R2 disconnected, while everything else in the house was fine. I turned the laptop off to see if restarting helped, but the laptop didn't turn back on when I pressed the power button.

I thought it might be low battery, so I plugged in the power adaptor. The blue-ish lights that show up on the power button when charging came on as normal. After a few minutes I tried powering it back up again. Nothing happened except the LED lights (on the power button and keyboard) lit up blue for a few seconds then turned off again. At the same time, the computer 'hummed' for a few seconds (the fans?) as if it were turning on, but then everything turned off again.

If I unplug the power adaptor and try starting the laptop up, the same thing happens except the power button flashes orange instead of blue - as if to have a low battery. I left the laptop charging overnight and nothing has changed.

My boyfriend has experience in building computers so he took off the backplate and disconnected and reconnected the battery, still nothing has changed.

Thank you in advance.

Mar 7, 2018

He tried that and nothing changed, and unfortunately we don't have warranty.

Mar 7, 2018

He tried that and nothing changed, and unfortunately we don't have warranty.

Mar 7, 2018

Nothing is coming up on the screen. If it is a short, what sort of things am I looking for? Do you think we are we able to fix it or should we take it to a shop?

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
http://www.bootmylaptop.com/dell-d630-wont-power-on-with-damaged-usb-port/

look picture damaged usb port, i dont think anything else might be shorted. Is there possibility of liquid damage? to keyboard example it can leak from it to motherboard

Mar 7, 2018

Usb port looks okay, no liquid damage. Could it be the Ethernet slot? Ive now noticed that it lights up briefly when I try and power on, plus the centre pin in lower than the rest.

Mar 7, 2018

Thank you all for your help. I took it into the shop and it turned out to be a short and they had to fix the motherboard (also, something to do with BIOS?). Anyway they fixed it quickly and it's working fine now!